Monday, October 13, 2014

Striped Pants

There is a little something called guilt. I am familiar with it. One of the reasons I feel guilt is because I am letting priceless moments pass by without recording them. As I peered at this photo in my editing program, I couldn't stop noticing how beautiful these kiddos are. But do you notice McKay's striped pants? Did I pick those out as part of the family photo. Well, no. McKay has a little bit of an obsession. He loves these striped pants. They are size 12 months and they now appear to be yoga pants. They have a hole in them, they are stained, yet they are the most wonderful thing that has ever entered in to this boy's life. He wears them day and night and he things if he spins them in the dryer for 2 minutes that they are "Cweeeeen pants mommy!!" I assure you this is not an effective way of cleaning pants that have been worn around the clock by a grungy three year old. On the photo shoot day, I placed some dark jeans over the striped pants. When we arrived, McKay screamed at the top of his lungs, completely inconsolable (not to mention he fell asleep in the car and doesn't wake up well.) Finally, after a good ten minutes of attempted consoling, we decided to ditch the jeans. He didn't crack even one smile and scowled the entire shoot but he wasn't screaming any more. As for the jeans, they spent the remainder of the shoot in the grass where dad chucked them. McKay, I hope your determination motivates you to aspire a great potential some day.

1 comment:

Solana said...

Agh, the guilt of moments missed or unrecorded is tough! I get that now too!
So funny about the pants. The pictures are so beautiful that I didn't even notice them at first. I can't believe those pants are 12 months, haha! That is definitely some serious determination and commitment!